Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Regressive View on Global Warming

Newt Gingrich makes it apparent why conservatives, or regressives as I call them, cannot be trusted in government. In trying to explain why conservatives resist "doing the the right thing" in regards to the environment, he tells us it's because of a fear of "higher taxes and bigger government." In other words, no matter what the cost to the planet, human and animal life, and our very existence, the thing that really matters is not acknowledging our actions have consequences to the detriment of corporate responsibility and profits.

The GOP as a whole shows how very selfish and short-sighted they are in regards to the very foundation of life on the planet. I'm hoping for a little social Darwinianism to start having an effect upon republicans as a whole 'species'. Watch John Kerry back the toadster into a corner on the topic of changing course in our lifestyle choices in order to save the planet we seemed bent on destroying. Think Progress has the film.

4 comments:

MarcLord said...

Regressives. Per-fect.

Is this still vacation blogging? Sorry for not being around more, work cutting into blog-time.

HopeSpringsATurtle said...

I hate when work cuts into my blogging time...LOL...Nice to see you Marc L. you were in my thoughts this very day. Home from the beach which turned into a trying-to-stay-warm extravaganza.

Pandabonium said...

As you know I live in Japan. I also have friends here that are expats from other countries. Most Americans have no idea (I know you do) how they are viewed abroad (and rightly so) for being fundamentalist, creationist, and deniers of human caused climate change, and general gluttonous and wasteful. I do my best to assure them that we are all right wing idiots.

HopeSpringsATurtle said...

I do my best to assure them that we are all right wing idiots.

Not right-wing idiots. I know this is a typo Panda....lol