Monday, April 30, 2007

Habeas Corpus is Dead

This American Life with Ira Glass has updated a program done last year about people released from Guantanamo. It's valuable to get some back story about the human beings called "the worst of worst" by the criminal BushCo. Over 400 detainees, who were essentially kidnapped by the US government, have been released after being characterized by the administration as "al-Qaeda operatives, picked up off the battlefield." Listen to the shocking stories of a handful of these detainees.
"Habeas Schmabeas"

powered by ODEO

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Powerful inteview. BTW, I had to click through the link to get it.

HopeSpringsATurtle said...

Really? I listened to here. weird. I'm still such a tech-loser, but i do give the old college try. thanks Op, as always. Your input is valuable to me.

Anonymous said...

Oh, me too, tech loser. I think of these problems as design flaws so I can maintain my self esteem.

MarcLord said...

This was a dynamite program by Ira Glass, heard most of it in the car, thanks for posting up. Finally some national light is starting to shine into the hellhole.

Re: your tech problems playing the episode, they could be Odeo's bad. Evan Williams (creator of Blogger) owns it, but has been disinterested for awhile, and has been trying to get out of it. So it wouldn't be too surprising if support has suffered.