Monday, March 26, 2007

Who Do You Think You're Fooling?

This is the opening question from an Iraqi citizen of John Bolton, former US UN Ambassador. The 'other' media covers the news so much better than our own corporate-owned, bottom- feeders. This Iraqi citizen and Tony Benn, President of the Stop the War Coalition take on John "The Walrus" Bolton and really make him look the foolish, warmongering, bully shill that he is. Read Existentialist Cowboy's post and watch this video of the BBC debate. They make our mainstream media look like the cowardly amateurs they are.

From Tony Benn:
I was born about a quarter of a mile from where we're sitting now, and I was here in London during the Blitz. And every night, I went down to the shelter, 500 people killed, my brother killed, my friends were killed. When the Charter of the UN was read to me , I was a pilot coming over on a troop ship. "We the Peoples of the United Nations determined to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war which twice in our lifetimes has caused untold suffering to Mankind."

That was a pledge my generation gave to the younger generation, and you tore it up--it's a war crime that's been committed in Iraq and there's no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. They both kill innocent people for political reasons.
Ther are two other short videos in this series so be sure to go see the Cowboy and watch them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Benn to Walrus: "You're a declining empire."

I'll say. That's probably a good thing, at this stage. We are a menace to civilization.