Thursday, August 17, 2006

Greetings From Germany

This is the view outside our window at the Hotel Moorbach in Landstuhl

I have so much to tell of my adventure so far but I also have a lot of email and reading to catch up on as I have been incommunicado for several days. I left for Germany on Saturday August 12th. I met my husband in Germany very early Sunday morning. We had a meal and I slept and slept and slept. We next went to Paris for two days and are now back in Germany.
The Eiffel Tower from below
It is 10 AM on Thursday as I write this. I have so much to do before he gets back from his first day back to work at Landstuhl Medical Center. Sorry for the rambling quality of this post, but I did want to "check in", so to speak. After I catch up a little today, I will go to the hospital and talk to some soldiers who were injured in Iraq. I plan on posting photos and hopefully some interesting stories. I hope everyone is well and continuing to do what you can to restore our Democracy.



Here's a little something to chew on just in case you forgot about the president's deficits:

3 comments:

Nate said...

SO good to hear from you!

Would you consider putting together a guest post for my blog? Or perhaps just one for your blog that I can feature on GITF?

All the best to you and Mr. Swim. You and all those brave souls serving, recovering and preparing to return are in our thoughts.

HopeSpringsATurtle said...

Naters! You bet. I would be honored to do a guest post. I'm trying desperatly to catch up with my reading and prepare some material for bed-ridden soldiers to read. Tomorrow morning (my time) I'm meeting several soldiers here at Landstuhl, soldiers injured and maimed in Iraq. I'll email you.

Pandabonium said...

A life of coke, alcohol and aspartame will do that to a brain. Striking contrast.

I am looking forward to your future posts from Germany.