Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Turmoil Within


Dennis Kucinich withdrew his bid for the presidency today. Sad. He says he has a bigger cause which is to introduce a house resolution for articles of impeachment on Chimpy and resecure his house seat in the upcoming election.. His cause is true, but I'm sad I'm unable cast my protest vote for him. I will support and promote his house resolution, and vote for John Edwards in the California primary, absentee, of course.

The turmoil in my own life mirrors the absolute idiocy of the race for the White House. I'm stunned at the twists and turns my life has taken over the last month. Nothing beyond what lots of people have been through, and it's certainly not the end of the world, but soul shattering and life changing nonetheless.

How blessed am I to have the support of near strangers on this blog and from avenues unexpected. A good life lesson for the power of the human spirit and our true desire to be part of something we care about and believe in. I thank you all for your words of encouragement, it helps tremendously.

So my response is continue to "follow your bliss" and fight for what you know is right. Don't let the bastards get you down. Today is tomorrow's yesterday and nothing will exist in the future that is not created now. Carpe diem and stay true to yourself no matter how difficult.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carpe diem even if it's a crappy diem.

Anonymous said...

"Carpe Diem" - yep. It's the only "diem" we have.

Take care.

Rose said...

Wishing you strength and peace,
Rose

HopeSpringsATurtle said...

You guys are the best. I'm currently carpping my diem as to get through this trauma. I'll check in over the weekend.

Vigilante said...

Live strong.

Cujo359 said...

Thanks for this, Hope. I must admit I need a little inspiration sometimes. This is a remarkably silly Presidential season, and it's hard not to be depressed by it.

I hope that things are getting better for you.

Pandabonium said...

'What the caterpillar perceives is the end, to the butterfly is just the beginning'

Be well, Hope.

Anonymous said...

Talked to Hope tonight (Thursday, 840p CST) as she wends her way toward the Left Coast. After detouring around a fire-closed segment of Interstate 10 in Texas, she's still a couple days away from her destination. She sends her love to all her pals at DeepCon and her thanks for your words of encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Just checking in. Wishing you well.

Anonymous said...

Hope update - she arrived in CA after The Roadtrip From Hell and I hope soon to see her back online and posting again.

libhom said...

Thanks for bringing up Kucinich. I hope people will support his congressional campaign so the strongest anti-war voice in Congress isn't silenced.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.