Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dropping the Ball...and picking it back up



I have been Absent With Out Leave for quite a while now, but life had become overwhelming. A move, an injury, some big family stuff and other things made blogging a luxury I could not afford. Thankfully things seemed to have smoothed out a bit.

Despite my absence, others carried on with their eyes ever on the ball. Pam Spaulding of Pam's House Blend and Paul Rieckhoff of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America are blogging respectively, about the DADT debacle, and the continuing need of our newest veterans. Please give this stuff a look-see and remember just because the "war" and the military are seemingly off the American public's radar does not mean we can turn our backs on those who serve us ever-faithfully.

4 comments:

TheWeyrd1 said...

Welcome back!

HopeSpringsATurtle said...

Thanks Doll...I missed being here and its great to see you. I think of you every time I drink a $10. or less bottle of wine.

Anonymous said...

Did somebody say "inexpensive" wine? It's getting hard to remember another kind. :-)

al-S

HopeSpringsATurtle said...

True dat G. I can't believe how GREAT ten dollar bottles of wine taste these days...